Saturday, September 19, 2009

Love notes...

After a really tough week emotionally, feeling overworked, and altogether a bit lonely and discouraged, I opted to walk into the Catholic church across from my office where I park my car everyday. I just needed to sit and wind down. I was tempted to lay down on one of the pews and take a short nap! But I sat there and began to journal, contemplating my singleness, and how God wants me alone with him right now. While this is pretty cool (to be wanted by God), it also hurts (emotionally and physically) to let everything else go. To surrender. To let my roots to everything else burn. So, I wrote down in my journal that I would begin to document the little ways God sends me messages and romances me in this otherwise lonely season. ... And just as I put the dot at the end of that sentence, I looked up and saw a huge reflection of light in the shape of a heart on the cathedral wall. I was in awe. I teared up and wrote it down as my first entry. As soon as I was done, the sun had shifted and the shape was no longer there. It was a sweet moment. And God's timing is perfect.

3 comments:

  1. Thanks, Kim, for letting us have a window to your heart's mind. :) A blessing. I'll look forward to reading more as the Spirit leads. Wallyce <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very, very, cool!! I love watching God work wonders in people's lives and look forward to following Him working in your life :-)
    Vikki

    ReplyDelete
  3. You touched my heart.. Thanks 4 sharing!! :)

    Love you!!

    ReplyDelete